Firstly, if you are thinking of starting a career in IT or switching careers - Software Testing is certainly in high demand. So we recommend you the following steps as an ideal ‘Software Testing Career Path’. Secondly, the steps illustrated should guide you towards becoming a successful Software Tester. In addition, our personalised mentoring would help you achieve your dream career in Software Testing. Most importantly, we would mentor until you land a Software Testing Job and become a Software Tester through our in-depth Software Testing Courses Online! If you are a Manual Test Engineer who is interested in achieving Test Automation Skills, jump to Test Automation Training. Become A Software Tester by following our Software Testing Career Path.
Software Tester Salary
Manual Testing Training
This video session covers the following topics:
- Insight into IT & Software Testing
- Development Process – SDLC and Process Models
- ISTQB Testing Process – STLC
- Testing Objectives, Testing Levels and Testing Types
- Test Level Pyramid (SIT and E2E)
- Integrating STLC into SDLC
- ISTQB Testing Principles
Software Testing Projects
Work your way through our Software Testing Projects. So you are halfway ready to become a Software Tester that is ready for the Software Testing/IT industry jobs market! Gain 3 months Manual Testing Training projects’ experience and receive 3-months Testing Workshop Experience letter.
3 Manual Testing Projects are run as part of our Manual Testing Training Course. Your project work is reviewed by an expert mentor. Project based manual testing activities are aligned to ISTQB Testing Process.
Test Automation Training
Why Test Automation is an Essential Skill for Software Testers?
You could possibly become a Software Tester based on Manual Testing Course. Without a doubt, to increase the chance of landing interview calls you will have to undergo Test Automation Training Course. Many IT employers look for potential Software Tester candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, however it's not always required. It should be noted that you can come from any academic background and definitely make Software Testing as a career! Clearly, anyone can pursue Testing as a career. Whereas with the right exposure in terms of Software Testing Courses and with an experienced mentor, you will gain more confidence. It is absolutely necessary to quickly and productively add Test Automation Tools and skills in demand to your CV.
So you've gained the Manual Testing Training Course experience and mentor’s solid reference. Along with exposure to Test Automation, it's possible to land a Testing Job without a college degree. With software & IT being an area that will always grow, Software Testers have one of the most secure jobs in the IT industry.
Subsequently, learn how to setup Test Automation Tools and environment. Plan to learn all the essential Test automation skills to showcase your Testing skills portfolio - your Testing CV.
Software Testing CV - Building your Testing CV
This is one of the critical steps in order to become a Software Tester. We shall assist you in building a professional Testing CV aligned to job market expectations.
- First, you will prepare a testing CV based on a professional template provided by us
- Second, we would review and provide feedback on your CV
- Thirdly, post your CV on job boards like Jobsite, Total Jobs, CW Jobs, Reed, Jobserve
- Last but not the least, keep your CV up-to-date with the new testing skills added to your portfolio
Your Testing CV Skills section shall look as follows:
|Test Specialisation||Test Automation Tools, Agile Testing, Agile Testing Techniques (Risk Based Testing, Exploratory Testing, Pair Testing), Web Services Testing / API Testing|
|Methodologies||W Model, Agile - Scrum & BDD|
|Test Automation Tools||Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber BDD, JUnit, TestNG, Ant, Maven|
|Test Automation Frameworks||Hybrid Framework (Keyword + Data driven), Page Object Model Design Pattern (With PageFactory), Behaviour Driven Development Framework|
|Languages||SQL, Java, XML, XPath|
|Operating systems||Windows, UNIX|
|Other Tools||Agile Central (ALM), Eclipse, SoapUI, Postman, Toad, ReportNG, ExtentReports|
|Version controlling & Continuous Integration||Git & Jenkins|
Software Testing CV - Keeping it up to date
Update your Testing CV every time you learn an essential Software Testing Skill. It could be pertaining to Test Automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, API / WebServices Testing. Or any skills related to Testing Processes like Agile Scrum and BDD.
Software Testing Certifications
Testing Certifications are vital for Software testers, thus you should consider getting one or more certifications. This is in order to prove your mettle and getting attention of recruiters and potential employers.
Most important certification is called ISTQB. It consists of several levels. But you will start with ISTQB Foundation and it would take several years of experience before you can take the next level.
The following two most popular certifications should give you an edge on your CV to begin with, in your path to become a Software Tester.
• ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation: British Computer Society software testing certification pathway supports your learning and progression in the software testing industry. In their Software testing certification portfolio, ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level is the first step for understanding, applying and analysing the concepts of software testing.
• ISTQB Certified Agile Tester: British Computer Society’s ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level - Agile Tester Extension will help you understand the principles behind Agile Testing and the competencies you need to be an effective part of the agile team.
Software Testing Exercises
Based on our practical, job-centric and hands-on Manual Testing Training you would gain real time software testing experience. Also an opportunity to work on LIVE Manual Testing Project assignments.
Within the context of our realistic Test Automation Training, you would gain exposure to hot Testing Skills in demand:
Test Automation (Selenium, Cucumber), Agile Testing (Scrum and BDD), WebServices Testing (SoapUI), API Testing (Postman), SQL for Test Engineers and UNIX.
To further your exposure in terms of both the courses that is Manual Testing and Test Automation, attempt all the Software Testing Exercises
Software Testing Interviews
Undoubtedly, this is one of the crucial steps in order to become a Software Tester. We shall help you accomplish it.
- Practice mock interviews, watch the 4-hours-worth-of-software-testing-interview-sessions for Manual Testing
- We shall mentor you to establish confidence in facing Testing interviews
- Rehearse Manual Testing interviews
- Prepare for test automation interview questions available in the test automation testers portal
How To Find Job Opportunities In Software Testing
Firstly, apply for Freelance Software Testing Jobs and gain experience by Testing Applications
Simultaneously, subscribe for Software Testing vacancies on the following job portals.
And the following actions need to be taken:
- Reach out to selected people in your network about potential opportunities at their companies
- Connect with job consultants on LinkedIn and kept an eye out for any jobs they shared.
- Look up directly on company websites for their careers pages
Continuous Learning In Software Testing
One of the things I enjoy the most about being a Mentor and a Software Test Engineer/Manager is how much I get to learn and discover on a daily basis. So if you want to focus on becoming a Software Tester, learn from each and every Software Testing adventure on your journey. As a result, your Software Testing career will be progressing in the right direction.
We suggest you to follow these to be on the learning curve:
Also repeat the last 3 activities until you land a Software Testing Job!
Keep learning and happy Testing!!